This is a question that our team gets asked often. That’s because the symptoms can be significant and include muscle spasms, along with being nauseous and fatigued. This is where medical marijuana can help.
Medical weed is becoming a popular treatment option for people who suffer from back pain. Many people don’t want to risk taking habit-forming opiates or developing conditions like ulcers and gastric bleeding. Medical cannabis can help treat your back pain in the following ways:
- Allow you to live a better quality of life
- Give you peace of mind that you’re using a natural treatment for your back pain
- Reduce or eliminate your depression, insomnia, and anxiety that may come with chronic pain
- Reduce or eliminate your need to take potentially dangerous or addictive medications
- Reduce or eliminate your pain so you can live an active life
Back pain can present with lots of different symptoms, depending on how you sustained an injury. Medical weed might help alleviate many of the most common complaints associated with back pain.
A recent study showed that medical cannabis offered a forty-five percent reduction in pain intensity after just twenty minutes of inhaling the treatment. That makes it especially useful for treating muscle spasms in the back.
Most people know that medical weed can help with nausea that accompanies significant intense pain. Nausea is on the list of approved conditions that qualify you for a medical marijuana card in the state of New York. Make sure you discuss this and any other condition with our doctors. This will help ensure you get your card and are on your way to living a healthy life.