The use of medical marijuana in New York was legalized by the passing of the Compassionate Care Act (CCA) in 2014. This act was designed to ensure individuals living in the state had access to a treatment designed to ease the suffering of individuals and make the use, sale, and distribution of marijuana safer.
With the inclusion of telemedicine technology, some individuals have benefited in lower costs associated with the approval process for the MMJ card. You can get your medical marijuana card from MDBerry by clicking the button below.
Medical Marijuana Legalized in New York
- The use of medical marijuana in New York was legalized by passing of the Compassionate Care Act (CCA) in 2014
- The state’s Department of Health was tasked with overseeing the new progressive stance on alternative medicine
Do I Qualify for a Marijuana Card in New York?
- Diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and Parkinson’s disease are among the qualifying conditions as well as several others.
- Any condition that could be prescribed opioids is covered under the Medical Marijuana Card Project – provided your physician prescribes it.
Is my disease covered under Medical Marijuana Law in New York?
You are eligible for Medical Marijuana Services in New York, if you are found suffering with one or more of these ailments:
- HIV infection or AIDS
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury with spasticity
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Huntington’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic pain
- Pain that degrades health
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe or chronic pain
- Severe nausea, seizures
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- PTSD or opioid use disorder.
Can I apply for my Medical Marijuana Card Online?
In the beginning, individuals were required to be seen in person before the certification process could begin. Unfortunately, this requirement created a bottle-neck type of situation at most practitioner’s offices and caused patients to wait weeks or more extreme cases, months before being seen. Thanks to the inclusion of telemedicine, the need for in-person visits have decreased. The following steps can now be taken instead:
- Your provider will first review your medical history to determine if you qualify medically for marijuana treatments.
- Upon approval from the medical provider, you would be required to open an account on the official New York State website.
- Once an account has been established, patients will need to fill out an application under the “Health Applications” tab.
- Patients will be asked to supply proof of their identity and New York residency as well as paying a $50.00 registration fee.
- Upon approval of application, a medical marijuana card will be mailed to the address provided.
Click the button below to get your medical marijuana card today!
Who can apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in New York?
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- To be eligible for a medical marijuana card, the candidate must be 18 years or above.
- A guardian or parent can apply on behalf of a minor
- In certain cases, patients may not have a guardian or parent. In such cases the department will provide the services under special conditions.
- Once approved, the caregiver has the legal authority to act on the patient’s behalf including purchasing, transporting, and administering the prescribed dosage.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with one or more of the qualifying conditions and wish to use cannabis for treatment must be approved by a registered medical practitioner (only these specially certified professionals can complete the required documentation to support a patient’s need for medical marijuana).
Who can be a Medical Marijuana Doctor?
You cannot obtain medical marijuana prescription and treatment from just any doctor – but a certified medical marijuana doctor. Just as with patients who desire to use marijuana as a medical treatment, medical providers who want to be able to prescribe it to their patients must be approved by the State of New York. The approval is given after completing the following steps:
- Apart from an MD, additional training and certification must be completed before approval is granted.
- Once registered as an approved provider, practitioners are required to report all patient certification information to the Department of Health.
- Providers cannot certify themselves as patients nor are they allowed to prescribe medical cannabis inconsistent with the specified legal limits.
- When providing a prescription, providers must include the strain of cannabis and the mode of consumption to be used.
An MMJ doctor must be capable of must be capable of understanding the properties of each marijuana plant strain so that patients get the most advantage out of the drug.
Our doctors at MDBerry are certified and have undergone rigorous training to provide the best treatment. Click the banner to get treatment at MDBerry.
Are the New York Medical Marijuana Doctor’s Certified?
The MMJ doctor’s in New York have worked hard to earn their certifications:
- They have completed a rigorous training program and have familiarized themselves with multiple strains of marijuana.
- Their primary goal is to offer treatments that can either cure or halt the progression of a disease, having the ability and means to lessen the effects of those diseases and aiding in patient comfort comes in at a very close second.
- Only physicians, physician’s assistants, and nurse practitioners can be certified to prescribe medical marijuana.
- If your provider is unwilling or unable to provide this type of treatment, they may be able to refer you to someone who can.
- Medical marijuana use is a complex issue that has created the need for stringent oversight.
- Not all conditions nor all patients will be impacted by cannabis in the same manner. If you feel you might be aided with marijuana treatment contact our provider today.
What are the advantages of apply for an MMJ card online?
Telemedicine is probably one of the fastest growing segments of medical treatment today and our patients benefits from it in the following ways:
- Physicians able to see a higher number of patients in a short amount of time.
- Patient and provider can communicate across vast distances.
- Lack of transportation or pain does not get into the way of your MMJ card application!
Click the button below to apply for your MMJ card.